Airlines may waive change fees for flights likely impacted by winter storm Stella.
Worried about the impending snowstorm? You may be able to switch your flight without paying.
As winter storm Stella threatens some of the East Coast, Midwest and parts of Canada, travelers whose flights may be in the storm’s path can get a reprieve from the airlines. Many airlines are offering to rebook you on a different flight without the usual fees.
Here’s a list of some of the big airlines’ travel waivers. Click the links for the latest information from the airlines, which will likely be updated throughout the day.
- American Airlines: If you bought your ticket by March 10th for most cities or by March 12th for Chicago, and are traveling to or from a number of East Coast, Midwest and Canadian cities, the airline will waive your change fee. You have to book within the same class or you may pay more.
- Delta: If you’re flying to or from many cities in the Mid-Atlantic, Northwest and Eastern Canada, you may be able to rebook for free. However, you may have to pay the fare difference.
- Frontier Airlines: People flying to or from New York, Philadelphia, Trenton and Washington D.C. between Monday and Wednesday “may make one itinerary change” without the usual fees applying, nor will there likely be blackout dates or minimum or maximum stay requirements.
- JetBlue Airlines: JetBlue will waive change fees for a number of cities for people traveling on March 14th and for Chicago on March 13th – 14th.
- Southwest Airlines: People traveling from March 12th – March 15th into or out of roughly two dozen airports may be able to change without paying a fee. You must book within the same class of seats or you may have to pay more.
- Spirit Airlines: Impacted cities include Chicago (for March 13th – 14th) and Akron, Atlantic City, Boston, Baltimore, Cleveland, New York, Newark and Philadelphia (for March 14th – 15th). The airline will waive the change fee and you won’t pay the fare difference if you book travel by March 16th for Chicago and by March 18th for other cities.
- United Airlines: Chicago passengers may change their flight for free for travel from March 12th – 15th and for many Northeast cities on March 14th – 15th. You must book within the same class of seats or you may have to pay more.
© 2018 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved